24Hr Semi-Independent Living
The Semi Independent Living provision at Nia Housing consists of 24-hour multi–disciplined specialist staffed accommodation for young people aged 16+. The nature of Semi Independent Living is to help equip young people with the life skills necessary to live independently. As a result, developing regular routine which enhances their quality of life.
- Our 24hour units provide high quality flexible and responsive accommodation for young people aged 16+. Each Unit is supported by trained dedicated staff 24 hours a day 7 days per week.
- In our 24hour unit we ensure each young person/ parent and their baby feels that they are in a safe homely environment.
- We ensure shared communal areas for recreation, cooking, and laundry are appropriately equipped and well maintained.
- We encourage young people to care about and respect their neighbours and the community as a whole.
- We ensure that we help young people acquire essential life skills through our creative learning workshops.
- These courses ensure that we help the young person to make informed decisions about their education, employment and careers.
- We assist in making necessary links with local employment opportunities and educational or training schemes.
Our Semi-Independent support ranges from:
- Low, medium & high shared accommodation
- Stand-alone accommodation
- Staffed 24hr accommodation
- Emergency 24hr referrals
If you have any questions or would like further information about our services, please do not hesitate to contact us.