Outreach service offers one-to-one support from an allocated Key worker for up to 5 hours per week. Our outreach programme Assist young families experiencing parenting difficulties, Supporting young people in time of crisis, Support organisations/agencies/churches to address issues such as parenting conflicts, education and training.
All key work sessions have a focus on:
- Supporting the young person to develop their communication skills
- How to become self-confident
- How to deal with conflict
- Risk management
- Looking at strengths and areas of improvement
- Personal hygiene, laundry management, cleaning of living areas
- Budgeting and money management, opening personal bank accounts and maintaining a healthy credit and understanding credit scoring
- Career, accessing further education and job advice ( interview preparation and mock interviews and discussions with employers)
- Understanding their housing options, housing benefits
- Understanding medical care and how to access medical care
- Practical help when moving on to independent accommodation.
- After Care Support – for young people out of the care system with little or no appropriate family support or network.
If you have any questions or would like further information about our services, please do not hesitate to contact us.